- Published on Tuesday, 22 December 2009 21:26
The Scottish Grocers’ Federation (SGF) has lined up an exciting programme of speakers for its annual conference, at the Fairmont Hotel, St Andrews, from the 26th to 28th February 2010
The theme for the conference is “A Winning Formula”, with business sessions planned to help retailers achieve a winning formula that can be translated into their business.
The Saturday Morning Business Session, chaired by Jamie Buchanan, Company Stores Director at C.J. Lang & Son Ltd has a line up of inspirational speakers including:
- Neil Turton, Chief Executive of Nisa-Today’s. Relationships with retailers and suppliers are key to successful business development. Neil will show how these relationships are reflected in Nisa supplied stores across the country.
- Ed Garner, TNS. Ed is one of the best in the business at presenting market information. His humorous style is second to none and converts the interesting into the exciting.
- Andy Davis, BP. Andy is a leading expert in the convenience store sector especially on the requirements of fresh products and the take home sector. As Head of European Trading at BP, he is in a position to know what is successful and why, as he attempts to anticipate trends in this important and developing category.
- Andrew Thornton, retailer. Andrew has a fascinating tale to tell of how he has managed to see off very close competition from a Tesco Express. Retailers will be inspired by Andrew’s story and will learn practical lessons which they can apply to their own business.
Completing the line up of speakers will be by Steve Fox. Director of Retail and Premier Development at Booker, who will outline opportunities for retailers in the market place and focus on the success of the Premier brand and Commercial Director at AG Barr, Jonathan Kemp, who will provide an interesting and humorous insight into his company’s activities.
The business element of the conference will close with a stimulating presentation from Watt Nicol. His energetic and entertaining style, which has been described as verbal fireworks, will leave everyone upbeat.
John Drummond, Chief Executive of SGF said: “The impressive line up of speakers is one of the very best we have ever brought together for our conference. Bookings are going well and we anticipate record attendance.”
More information on the Conference is available on the SGF website www.scottishshop.org.uk or by contacting SGF 0131 343 3300.